Some Mondays I leap out of bed, full of energy, light and happiness.
And then some Mondays are just destined to be awful. I just cannot think positively about anything. I usually find the best thing to do is keep my mouth shut, get on with the day and wish for it to be Tuesday already.
Or write a blog about it.
So here, in no particular order, is a manner of things that frustrated my brain to exploding point today and/or just plain suck.
- The guy sitting on the street in Britomart with a sign that reads “ will take money or any job”. I’m pretty sure this doesn’t count as actively seeking work.
- People that wander aimlessly looking into the distance on Queen Street during peak pedestrian traffic time. Or at any time.
- Wanting to go on your holiday as soon as your leave is approved, but realising you still have to wait 6 weeks.
- Someone stealing your sister’s phone, only a few weeks after you sent her your ‘old’ phone to replace her already stolen one. Scumbags.
- Shrill iphone ringtones.
- Pimples in your twenties. Need I say any more?
Some good things happened today too! Three to be exact.
- My leave was approved!
- Tomorrow is Tuesday!
- I managed to write the first thing I’ve written in weeks. And made notes for something else.
I look forward to seeing what you can throw at me Tuesday…