I have been dreading this post since day one. Mostly because I refuse to subscribe to the idea that there is a set checklist for falling in love. I also don’t believe hearts can be ‘won’ like a prize.
Plus, the title sounds like a really bad cosmo article.
If you were to try and ‘win my heart’, or convince me to give up a tiny piece of it to you, you may wish to take notes.
1. I don’t have patience for games. If I like you, I’ll text you. Please extend the same courtesy to me.
2. Be a confident person. I don’t mean pretend to be a confident person when you’re really a shy person. Confidence must actually be a part of your personality. Shy persons need not apply.
3. Be real. Just be you. The real you is probably a fucking weirdo, and that’s just fine with me.
4. Be honest.
5. Surprise me sometimes. Even if I make out like I’m a tough, real girl with straight up feelings I’m still a girl. I like cute surprises. One time a boy sent me flowers from the ol’ US of A while he was staying over there. It was totally surprising, and cute. And when things didn’t work out, I didn’t hate him, and we got to stay friends.
6. Just let me watch all the shows. It’s easier for everyone.
7. Be smart/educated. Not a smartass. Give good grammar. It’s hot.
8. Laugh. Make me laugh. Make yourself laugh. Laugh at yourself. Laugh at me. Laugh at others.
9. Be skilled in at least one housework activity. Namely, cooking all the food. I would happily clean everything else in the house if someone would just cook for me.
10. Don’t take everything, including yourself, too seriously. It’s just life.